Saturday, September 27, 2008

Danielle's Blessing

We decided to bless Danielle last Sunday, while my mom was still in town. We had brought her a white dress, I had shoes that Emily had worn, and I picked up a pair of tights at Target. But I still needed the Blessing Bouquet just like the one Emily had when she was blessed. Cynthia Johnson had brought it as a gift when Emily was born, and it is so special that I wanted Danielle to have one too. I had looked online trying to find one, but was unsuccessful. Finally, I called Cynthia to ask her about it. Turns out she makes them! No wonder I couldn't find it anywhere. She was working on one for Danielle. Now we were all set.


I got up early to get ready for church (it starts at 9:00am) to make sure that everyone would be ready and on time. I also wanted to get our traditional family picture before we left for church. Sometimes even best laid plans don't always work out. Just as Brian finished breakfast, he said his tummy felt sick, and then he threw up. We were going to scrap the whole thing, but everyone else was already dressed, so I figured we would at least take a picture. So we got him ready too, and he seemed fine, and we went ahead to church.


Danielle was blessed by her daddy, standing in the circle with him were her Grandpa Ralph Jones, our friends Bud Bailey, and Dave Deschampes, and Frank Opitz who is the second counselor in the Bishopric. It turned out perfect. She looked like the most beautiful little angel in her white dress.


1 comment:

. said...

Very angelic! Such sweet pictures! Looks like you're doing a great job, mommy!