Mother's Day started on Thursday when I picked Emily up from school. They had made a flower basket and a card. Then on Friday morning all the moms were invited to have muffins and juice for snack time at Brian's school. The table was decorated with flowers and paper plates. Too bad I didn't take a picture. Brian also made a card and gave me a flower pen. Yesterday we had lunch at Ruby Tuesdays, I love their chicken oscar. Eddie then started to hint at a surprise he was making for me. He had to stop on the way home at Hobby Lobby. What could it be? I started guessing but I didn't have a clue. Then he spent several hours in the garage finishing my gift. I was so excited, and didn't want to wait for morning. I woke up to my baby smiling and laughing. What a wonderful gift. The kids wished me a Happy Mother's Day, and Eddie brought in my surprise from the garage. It was my belly cast that we had made when I was 36 weeks pregnant with Danielle. He had made a mold from the cast and sanded it smooth. Now we just have to paint it and we are going to hang it in our room. What a special gift on Mother's Day.
Eddie made breakfast, and we got ready for church. During sacrament meeting the Primary children sang a special Mother's Day song. Brian and Emily went up to the stand together. This is the first time that Emily has been in Primary that they have gone up to sing. I was so proud of Brian, he behaved very well and actually sung the first line of the song. Then during sharing time the kids made a cute Mother's Day Card. Brian is into "camo" so all of my card was colored in camo colors.
Brian's Card
Emily's Card
Here are my best Mother's Day presents:
Brian Edward, September 23, 2003
Emily Rose, October 10, 2005
Danielle Kate, September 12, 2008





No comments:
Post a Comment