
Today was the last day of Pre-K for Brian. It was a day of mixed emotions. I was sad as I put a note in his lunch, knowing it was the last time. I am excited for a break from the daily routine of getting up, trying to wake Brian up and get him out of bed. Asking him sixteen times to please get dressed, and then usually helping him anyway. Having enough time left over to make him a bowl of oatmeal, or a protein shake. Making his lunch, PB&honey, chips, drink box and a granola bar. Getting his stuff together for school; backpack, change of clothes, jacket, folder, nap towels, homework, notes, and Brian picking out a special animal to nap with. Whew! I am tired already and we are not even at school yet!
I know Brian has really loved going to school this year. He likes his teachers and his friends, and he enjoys having a routine. I can tell he is sad and is going to miss all of this.
I was especially emotional as I picked him up from Fair Park for the last time. We had made special thank you cards for his teachers and written a special message inside each one. "I Love You Mrs. Kriz/Odom, You are a great teacher! Brian J." He said his goodbyes, and gave each teacher two hugs, as I held back the tears. We walked out, as the door slowly closed behind us...
Until August when we walk through the doors into our next adventure, Kindergarten.







No comments:
Post a Comment