Today we had a little family birthday party with Nana Jones. Brian had already opened his presents from mom and dad and the girls, I guess I can't expect a six year old to wait anymore! We had a special dinner, and I let him choose the menu. He asked for hamburgers, baked potatoes and corn.
Then Nana brought him a present, motorcycles that race (picture in previous post). Then time for cake and ice cream. I did a camo theme, with a marble cake and decorations. It turned out really cute.
Today is also a special day for another member of the Jones family...I love each of the milestones in my children's lives, but it also means that they are growing up. Danielle had a top tooth come through all the way today. I think it had actually broken through on Thursday or Friday, but there have been so many tooth false alarms that I didn't want to jump the gun this time. She is so smart and has been copying things we do in the last week. Yesterday she would pat herself on the belly after daddy started doing it. Tonight she was wiping the floor with a napkin, cause that is what I was doing. I love that I finally have a good helper! She has also shown an interest in baby dolls, especially when Emily has hers, she wants to hold them and cuddle them too. But the most exciting thing was that she took her first steps right before Brian opened his present. She did it a couple of times and I was able to capture it on video, although I probably won't be able to upload it here. I am definitely going to have to figure that out.






No comments:
Post a Comment