Saturday, October 9, 2010

Busy Saturday

I started a Walt Disney World Mickey Countdown Calendar. I got these cute Mickey heads at Home Depot, they are the paint sample cards. They worked great for our project. Each day beginning 30 days from our trip the kids took turns putting a Mickey Head on the calendar. This also helped them count down to their birthdays and other events. Brian is really grasping this concept, and Emily is starting too.

Brian was invited to a friends birthday at church. It was a halloween costume theme, so Brian got his wish to get an Iron Man costume. I dropped him off at Zach's house and he was a little nervous at first, but he had a great time.


Tonight the family went on separate dates. They boys went to the Monster Truck Show at the Arkansas State Fair. They had a great time, even though Eddie said it was smelly from all the car fumes. (I am glad I didn't want to go.) The girls went to the movies. We saw Secretariat, and while it wasn't the best show to take the girls to and they ended up falling asleep because it was so long. I really enjoyed it, the story was great, and would add it to the list of one of my favorite all time movies.


No comments: