
Barack H. Obama was sworn in as the 44th president of the United States. He is the first African American to hold this office. This fact has made it a historic day to remember. But the press has mad a very big deal of the event. For me, today was just another day, I went to work, and did the things I normally do. I didn't vote for him or watch his inaugural address. I know many Americans were moved by his address, (he has awesome speech writers :-p), but I have respect for this occasion and love of this free country, where we can vote and be heard. We are blessed to to live in a country that has peaceful changes in leadership. Obama is now everyone's president, and we have to pray that he will earnestly serve this country and keep true to the promises he made.
I don't like the fact this everyone made such a big deal about it. Really, did it deserve all the press, and pomp? When I asked Brian if they did anything special, he said "we watched Barack Obama on TV." He didn't know who that was, and we talked about his new job. It will be interesting to see how the next four years unfold for our country. Just my thoughts...
I don't like the fact this everyone made such a big deal about it. Really, did it deserve all the press, and pomp? When I asked Brian if they did anything special, he said "we watched Barack Obama on TV." He didn't know who that was, and we talked about his new job. It will be interesting to see how the next four years unfold for our country. Just my thoughts...




