Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Mental and Physical Health Day

Brian fell while he was getting off of the trampoline yesterday afternoon. He was definitely in pain and really babying his arm. I called Eddie at work, but he didn't seem to think that it was anything serious. However, when he got home, Brian was really still complaining. We went to the office to take an x-ray. Turns out, nothing was broken, so it was just a sprain. We gave Brian some tylenol to help him sleep.

Tuesday mornings are always hard days for me to try to get all the kids up and Brian to school on time. Eddie has an early Tuesday morning meeting, so I have to do it all. I made the decision that night that tomorrow, we would all take a little break. A mental health day for me and a physical health day for Brian. I called the school and let them know that he was sick. Then we could all just take the day a little easier. Emily still went to school, but she doesn't have to be there until 9am. This was also Brian's last day before the Thanksgiving break, so we got an extra day too. Sometimes this is just what the doctor ordered.

No comments: