Emily: "Mommy, I prayed to Heavenly Father to bring me a doll house, and I think he will if I memorize the Articles of Faith."
This is something that we have been challenged to do this year in primary. I asked her if she wanted me to help her learn the Articles of Faith, she said yes! She hasn't shown interest before, maybe getting a new doll house is an inspiration. Guess what we will be doing for FHE tonight?
Update: I found out later when I was telling Eddie about this, that during bedtime prayers that Emily had asked for a dollhouse, and he was trying to help them prayer for righteous desires, and to remember that if we keep Heavenly Father's Commandments that we will be rewarded.
Earlier in the day when we were doing errands the kids were while watching Open Season 2 in the car I overheard this conversation:
Brian and Emily: "I'm a bow, I'm a buck, I'm a duck." I was not sure what the heck they were saying and I was a little worried, so I asked some questions to figure it out. Finally I realized what they were talking about after a little clarification. The deer in the movie got one of his antlers shot off, and so what he was saying was a little joke, I'm a doe, I'm a buck, no I'm a duck. Ha Ha!
The kids didn't have a point of reference for what a doe was, so I explained it, but I am still not sure they understand the joke part about being a duck, but oh well.






No comments:
Post a Comment