Saturday, December 5, 2009

Dallas

Eddie planned to attend a pediatric seminar in Dallas this weekend, but we have been waiting on the AR Chiropractic Board to approve the continuing education hours before we made any final plans. I hadn't decided if I was going to go or not. Two days before the seminar, we finally got word that it had been approved. I made hotel reservations and tried to decide if the kids and I would go to Dallas with Eddie.

I weighed the decision carefully...

Go to Dallas: 5 hours in the car each way with the kids, find someone to teach my Sunbeam class, entertain 3 kids in Dallas all weekend, stay in hotel where someone makes the bed and washes the towels. Eat free breakfast downstairs in the cafe, where they do the dishes too! Eat lunch at Chipotle (my favorite place), have dinner at a nice restaurant. Go shopping!

Stay Home: Entertain 3 kids in Little Rock all weekend, cook and do dishes, try to keep the house clean, do laundry, go to church by myself, teach the Sunbeam class by myself with the baby.

Hmmm, tough decision!

Here's what we did in Dallas.

I was able to get some great Christmas gifts at Cabela's. We spent two hours here, shopping, and playing.

They have a big display of animals, and fish that you could feed.

On our way to the shooting gallery, the kids found these cute bears.

Brian conned me into buying this hat for him, he picked it out all by himself, while I was looking at something else. It is too big, has flaps that cover his ears, and of course it lights up. It was $25! How could I say no to a face like this?

Next stop was the Galleria Mall, for some lunch and more playing. I got an awesome parking spot and I was very pleased. We had lunch at Sbarro, pizza for everyone, and then played at this fun soft play area.




The kids and I ended our day with a treat at Dairy Queen, Blizzards all around. I had the seasonal special with peppermint candy and chocolate, it was wonderful. We met daddy after his seminar and we all went to dinner at Texas Land and Cattle.

The next morning Eddie left early for the rest of his seminar. We had breakfast in the cafe again, and then waited in the hotel room for daddy to get back. We ended our Dallas mini-getaway at the Stonebriar Mall, in Frisco. We had lunch, rode the carousel, and bought our ornaments at the Hallmark store. One last stop at Chipotle so we could have dinner on the way home.


I think going to Dallas for the weekend was a good choice!


No comments: