Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Springs and Sledding

Yesterday afternoon we headed down to Colorado Springs for dinner with Steve, Erin and the kids. It was nice for the kids to get to play with their cousins, and to be able to visit with Steve and Erin. We had wonderful appetizers, and dinner. Erin made homemade French bread, with honey butter (Brian loved it) ham, campfire potatoes, and green beans. However, just as we were sitting down to dinner, Logan, didn’t seem to feel well, and was running a temperature. I also noticed Emily was practically laying in her plate. She was also warm, and not feeling well. She spent the rest of the evening sleeping on the couch. I thought Danielle, wanted to play upstairs with the big kids, but really she just wanted to play on the stairs.

Today we planned to go sledding. Emily is feeling fine, and Erin called to say that Logan was alright too, so I guess they both just had some fleeting fever thing. I am glad it didn’t last.

We took the kids sledding after lunch, when it warmed up a bit. We decided on the sledding hill on Ken Caryl Road. Everyone had fun. Brian and daddy went almost up to the top a few times, but Brian was more comfortable down close to the bottom. He would sled down, and then pull the sled back up. Emily joined him for a few rides. I even took Danielle down a couple of times. We got some cute pictures.

Look at that face...

Grammie is the intended target!























Sledding is hard work, you must come home and take a nap.


No comments: