Friday, January 1, 2010

Date Night-- Downtown Denver

After breakfast we made a loaf of wheat bread, which is one of my New Year’s Resolutions. I want to make our own bread this year. It turned our really good and the kids liked it too!

Then we had to make a run to the mall, Eddie and Grammie needed a few things at Sears. We also had lunch, rode the Santa Train and I won a bouncing ball from the “grabber machine”, which was pure luck.

I had a terrible time deciding on where we should go to dinner for our special night out. My mom was going to watch all of the kids, I think this is the first time we have left Danielle, so we could have dinner by ourselves. I really wanted to go downtown. I have been enchanted by downtown Denver for years. I wanted a good steak place, and really it didn’t matter how much we spent. We don’t go out that often, so a splurge once in awhile is OK. But I didn’t want to spend a ton of money and not get a great meal. I finally decided on Sullivan’s and made an early reservation, so we would be home before Danielle got fussy. We had an excellent dinner, there was no one out. We practically had the restaurant to ourselves, the waiter was very attentive, and we were able find a place to park, and the roads were not crowded. We decided on Baskin Robbins Ice Cream on the way home. It was the perfect evening.

No comments: