Friday, January 1, 2010

Once In A Blue Moon

You have heard the phrase “once in a blue moon?” But do you know what that means? Honestly, I hadn’t until tonight! However, I learned from Wikipedia that a blue moon, (which really is not blue) is a full moon that is not timed to a regular monthly pattern. Approximately every two and a half years there is an extra full full moon during a month, and that extra moon is called a blue moon. This year the blue moon occurred on New Years Eve, and was also accompanied by a partial lunar eclipse. The next time that this will happen is in the year 2028.

We had planned to go to dinner tonight, but didn’t decide on a place early enough to get a reservation, so we figured that tomorrow night will be less crowded and more enjoyable.

We spent the morning over at Stephanie’s house. The kids played great and Stephanie and I were able chat, and catch up. Later on my mom and I strolled kid less around Costco, since there is not one in Little Rock.

P.S. This post was supposed to have been made on 12/31/09, but due to the lack of internet access, I was using my iphone and apparently it did not save this post.

No comments: