Today was not and warm and sunny as the forecast predicted, but we still headed out to
Motley's Tree Farm to cut down out very first live Christmas Tree. The kids had fun checking out the pigs and goats, and variety of birds.


They also had a really fun "tire" horse on the swing set. They sold them in the gift shop. They are only $69.99, too bad they are not in the budget, because they are super cute.

Although the kids could have continued to play, I rounded everyone for our mission to pick out a tree. They had three varieties that you could cut, two were not typical Christmas Trees they were cedar, and cypress trees. They were pretty trees, but not what I had in mind. There was one variety of pine, which was more of a typical tree, especially for someone who grew up in the Rocky Mountains. They were also going to get in some cut firs, but not until next week, and we had time on the schedule today.


We settled on the pine, and then began the hunt for the perfect tree. There were a couple in the running, but Brian spotted the finalist at the beginning of the hunt. Everyone liked it. Eddie cut it down, and we drug it to the path, where the tractor to it and us back to the front. There they shook it and bagged it.



Brian got to run the shaking machine, for some reason he thought it would be loud.
Brian watch intently as they bagged up our tree.

The kids played some more and fed the animals, while I tried to warm up browsing the gift shop and drinking hot chocolate. Then we loaded the tree on top of the van, and returned home.




Everyone helped get the tree ready, put on the lights and the ornaments. It was a super fun day and the tree looks awesome in our family room. I like having a real tree, it smells nice, and I like the authentic look.

I enjoyed our visit to Motley's Tree Farm. It is a family business, and we were greeted by the owner. It feels good patronizing local businesses. Someday though, when we have our own property, we can plant our own Christmas Trees and cut one of our own each year.
No comments:
Post a Comment