Thursday, November 4, 2010

Who's In Charge

I missed capturing two very cute things in the past couple of weeks, I wish I hadn't been too lazy to get out the camera, but I am trying to at least capture the memory.

I was not feeling too good, I had a terrible headache so I was napping a little in the bedroom. All the kids seemed to be doing OK, there were no loud noises, no one was fighting, so I let them do their things and I did mine. I went to check on them and Brian and Danielle were watching TV and Emily was playing in the bedroom.

Then things got VERY quiet, you know that QUIET, the kind that makes you go check on them because you know that things are bad.

This is what I found: (Insert very cute picture of Danielle laying on the couch asleep, hugging the remote).

I guess we now know who is in charge of the remote. Maybe Brian found something to watch on TV that she liked and she was guarding the remote so he couldn't change it. And I guess that she was tired. She has fallen asleep before in front of the computer, slumped over in a chair, and also in a chair in front of the TV. I think she gets worn out because she doesn't want to miss a minute of the fun her siblings provide.

The next cute thing that happened recently was one night at bedtime. We had sent the big kids to bed, they have to get up for school, and Danielle hops from one person to the next at night. Usually she goes into bed with them, but then leaves when "quiet" time, (which is not so quiet) is over. Then she comes to see me in bed, so she can get her milk snack. But since she is not ready to actually sleep yet, she joins daddy in the living room to watch TV.

She had made her rounds and then all was quiet, you know that same too quiet. I went to check on her. Eddie thought maybe she was with me, but when I walked into the kids room, I found this: (Insert cute picture of Danielle on the top bunk lying in bed next to sleeping Brian, eating cheetos)!! Kinda reminded me of ET hiding in the closet with the other animals. You had to look closely to really see him.

Ah ha! I did take a picture of this, but had just forgotten.

Here are some other cute E.T. pictures.

Danielle hiding in the hall closet with the blankets and towels

Danielle on the couch surrounded by animal, Brian and Emily helped with both of these creations, I think.

No comments: