Thursday, November 25, 2010

Purple Thanksgiving

I bought Emily several new outfits a few days ago after I realized that she only had a couple and really needed more. Today she chose a purple outfit to wear. Purple has really been the color we use for Danielle, but it was a beautiful deep purple that I knew would look great on Emily. Danielle was with me the day I picked it out and she wanted it too, but I didn't buy it for her as she already has plenty of clothes.

Well the drama that ensued after Emily put on the purple outfit, was not pretty. A battle that I chose not to fight. Before lunch at Uncle Dale's house we made a quick run to Walmart, that was luckily open on Thanksgiving this year. I got her a matching purple outfit.

So this will be the year of that the girls wore purple to Thanksgiving. We had a nice dinner and a fun time visiting with family. Too bad I didn't take a picture.

The highlight of our day was seeing the new Disney movie Tangled in 3D at the theatre. It was an awesome movie. Best animated movie I have seen in a LONG time, and we see most of them. Tangled gets my vote for my favorite princess as well!


P.S. We had no wishbone this year. My mom did the cleanup after Thanksgiving dinner at our house on Sunday and the carcass was thrown away, wishbone included. Brian remembered the wishbone from last year and asked about it, we just kept saying, "we don't know what happened to the wishbone." I think he may have also been looking for redemption from last year's contest.

No comments: