Saturday, December 6, 2008

I Am Thankful...


I live in Little Rock. I know you are thinking, how can she be thankful for that! It is true that I have made no secret of the fact that I really didn't want to move to Little Rock. I didn't even know quite where Arkansas was when I found that is where Eddie is from, I had to look on a map. I am from the West, I had always lived out West, and had only limited travels into the Midwest. I knew nothing about the South, well only what I had heard and that wasn't good. It was humid, there were lots of bugs, big bugs, and well it was the South. But after living here for 6 years, I have learned to appreciate living here, maybe I even like it a little bit, but don't tell anyone I said that. I am grateful that we own a comfortable house, with a backyard for the kids to play in. I am very thankful that there are no traffic jams, and long commutes. The people here are very friendly. The church is the same no matter where you live. There are lots of fun things to do with kids here. The state is beautiful with all of the trees, and large lakes, lots of great camping and fishing spots. Maybe some day we will even have a Chipotle.

No comments: