Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas


We made our annual trek to Denver this year to visit my family. I was especially excited because my Grandma Schaper was going to be there this year. She was looking forward to meeting and holding her new great-granddaughter, Danielle. Our trip out was mostly uneventful. We stopped in Tulsa for dinner at Chipolte. :) We spent the night in Salina, and headed for Denver about 9am. Unfortunately Brian was having some intestinal troubles, or maybe kidney stone issues, and we had to make many pit stops in the little towns in Kansas. By the time we got to metro Denver, it was just in time for 5pm Friday evening rush hour traffic. UGH, once again I am reminded how much I love living in Little Rock, with no traffic.

We did some fun things while we were there. We got our family pictures taken, the kids made an animal at Build a Bear. Shopping and eating were of course on the agenda. We even went to Park Meadows Mall the Saturday before Christmas. What was I thinking? There were more cars in the parking lot there than in all of Little Rock! We spent the day with Steve and Erin at their house in CO Springs. The kids got extra time to play with their cousins, Kaitland and Logan. They played great together and had a wonderful time. They had yummy snacks, and and wonderful dinner. Thanks guys!

Kaitland and Emily dressed up like princesses



Logan and Brian were playing dinosaurs (I think)


All of the kids together


Grandma Schaper got into Denver on Christmas Eve, so I got free time to wrap and do other stuff while she held Danielle. Everybody loved it. Brian wrote a note to Santa on Christmas Eve, and left cookies for him and carrots for the reindeer.



Our matching P.J.'s



Steve and Erin and the kids came to mom's Christmas morning. We opened presents, in a somewhat orderly fashion this year. We played, we ate, we played, we visited, we ate, and played some more. A typical Christmas for our family. I love it that our kids get to see "Grammie" and the rest of my family, it is such a special time of year.




Uncle Steve and Danielle


Mother nature cooperated very well for our travels. They were no weather issues, and the roads were clear during our travels. But Mother nature didn't provide a white Christmas, so the kids didn't get to play in the snow or go sledding. They were a little disappointed about that. Maybe next year.


Grandma Schaper with all of her great-grandchildren


No comments: