Birthday season officially closes today. We celebrated my birthday on Thursday since I was too sick on Wednesday. Grammie brought the kids their birthday presents.
Emily got a princess pillow, lots of pretty new clothes, and pajamas. She got several new accessories for her dollhouse including a garden and camping tent.
Both of the girls got these cute ballerina dolls. Danielle also got a cute new walker/ride-on, and a pink truck.
Brian got some great clothes and pajamas, a camo pillow for his bed and two new Star Wars lego sets.
I got my very cool new 90th Anniversary KitchenAid Mixer with a glass bowl, a joint venture from Eddie and mom, and also my own box of See's Candy, which I am not sharing.
Today is Grammie's birthday. I planned a special birthday dinner. Beef tenderloin, twice baked potatoes, asparagus with hollandaise, and mushrooms. I made birthday cupcakes in my new KitchenAid mixer, with chocolate buttercream frosting.
I was excited about making tenderloin, but a little nervous about potentially ruining an expensive piece of meat. My mom had never made tenderloin either. Armed with our meat thermometer and instructions from Pioneer Woman, we set out on our mission. The twice baked potatoes turned into once baked, but that was OK. The hollandaise was a flop, more practice required, the mushrooms and asparagus were yummy, and aside from a small oven temperature mishap the tenderloin was perfectly cooked.
Brian described the meat as "fluffy" I told him it was very tender, it almost melted in his mouth. He decided that it was so tender you didn't really need that many teeth and perhaps Danielle could have some.






No comments:
Post a Comment