Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sugar Cookies and a Funeral

For my second KitchenAid project I choose sugar cookies so the kids could help and we could decorate them with fun Halloween shapes and sprinkles. It is really easier making things with my new mixer. I think I will enjoy baking more now.



Grammie oversaw the rolling, cookie cutting and sprinkle part of the project.

Emily's unnamed turtle passed away last Saturday on her birthday. I didn't want to make a big deal about it and upset her, so we quietly put it in a box for a funeral later. Then last week happened! The turtle sat in our bathroom. Then it started to smell. It was definitely time for that funeral. After church I sent Eddie with the kids outside for the burial. Eddie came back in to tell us that we missed good funeral. Emily sang the Primary song "He Died, That
We Might Live Again." Brian fondly remembered the turtle with a picture on the trunk of the tree underneath where she was buried. The grave was marked with a piece of bark.

For Family Home Evening this week we talked about death and where the body goes and where the spirit goes, and when we get our bodies back.

No comments: