After church we held a small funeral for the turtle squirt. It was not as monumental as the one we held earlier this year for the other turtle. But Brian was not as sad either, so that was good. He took the first one pretty hard.
A couple of weekends ago, many women in our ward attended Time Out For Women held in Memphis, TN. I didn't have the opportunity nor the desire to attend this conference. But it did get me thinking about time out for mommies. Some people have asked how I have the time to spend on the internet, blogging, surfing, etc. I know it can be a time waster, but it is an opportunity for me to sit down, relax and do something that I want to do. I also spend quality time with my baby. At 19 months she still nurses frequently, which forces me to take time out. Plus I just enjoy cuddling and holding her; watching her sleep. I remember how true this poem is, and find great comfort in it's wise counsel.
The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow, for children grow up, as
I've learned to my sorrow. So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep. I'm rocking
my baby and babies don't keep......~Author Unknown ~
I am washing cloth diapers today and wanted share my continued love and success with our Fuzzi Bunz. We started using size smalls when she was four months old, and then I was able to resell them and buy mediums. We will be able to use these through potty-learning. I still think they are so cute and easy. I don't mind washing them, we have no leaks, and the amount of diaper garbage is very minimal. Occasionally, she gets a "paper" diaper, and I think they are so ugly, and uncomfortable looking. As an added bonus, she is a little skinny, and so the extra bulk of the cloth helps hold her pants up. Sometimes she gets a red line in the leg crease with the paper ones, so she may have an allergy to some of the chemicals that are used in them.





No comments:
Post a Comment