Sunday, May 9, 2010

Motherhood

I am so thankful today for the opportunity I have to be a mother to my three wonderful children. Being a mother is sometimes a hard and thankless job. But it is also very rewarding. It always brings tears to my eyes as my children sing in church on Mother's Day.

I am blessed to have a wonderful family. My husband is my rock. He helps me so much to be a better wife and mother. He also spoils me rotten. He knows I love The Pioneer Woman, and I think he even follows her blog on google reader. Well this week has been her four year blog anniversary so she has had some awesome giveaways, including a cool Nikon camera. We both entered and there were only 14,000+ entries so I figured we had a pretty good shot, ha! Anyway he mentioned if I knew how much they were...ya I've priced them, and no they have not been in the budget. Apparently he had priced them too, he even looked at them at Best Buy. Well we teased, but the reality is that right now it was really more than we should spend.

But he surprised me with this totally awesome camera this morning before we left for church. I am so excited, but have no clue how to use it. But it is going to be awesome to take to the beach next week.


My kids got me this cute solar light and flower pot. I picked it out from the ads one Sunday, and told Brian to have daddy get this for me for Mother's Day. So sly, I know.



Although, my new camera is awesome...my most favorite gifts are the ones that my children made.

Danielle's flower hand



Emily's mosaic art, and flower pot








Brian's and Emily's love note, and all about me


All About My Mom..

Her favorite food is: Chinese, Everything Her favorite color is: Pink and Purple, Pink Her favorite ice cream is: Chocolate, Chocolate Chip My favorite thing she cooks for dinner is: Hamburgers, Corn on the Cobb, and French Fries, Noodles My favorite thing to do with my mom is: Go to the Pool, Go to the Pool My Mother is happy when: I am Very Good, I Clean My Room I know my mom love me because: When I ask for something she usually says, no, but sometimes she says yes! She Does Nice Things For Me. I love my mom because: She Takes me to the Park, She Gives Me Nice Stuff. I will help her by: Cleaning my Room, Doing Laundry.

These things just melt my heart.

I had to break in my new camera, so I took some pictures of my favorite things.







No comments: